[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #191

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Fri Oct 31 17:00:54 EST 1997

At 04:20 PM 10/31/97 -0500, Jan A. Nedelka wrote:
>     I'm trying to poke through my firewall, but can't get the proxy id
>& password to be fed through correctly.  Am I missing some kind of
>field?  The 'HTTP authentication' box is always greyed out.  I've listed
>my ini file below (from the NT GUI client).  I don't seem to have the
>32-bit version of the RASAPI dll, so I can't make the CL version work.
>Forgive me if this an old question; I just subscribed the other day.

New win32 cli versions have been put on the ftp site that no longer require
RASAPI to be available.  To set your http username/password, you need to go
into the CLI client configuration and set it to http mode first.  An
encrypted form of your username & password (combined) will be written to
your ini file.

The Win32 gui that is currently on the ftp site doesn't provide a method
through the gui to set the username/password, but once you generate the
encrypted username & password, you can copy it to your GUI's ini file.

The next version of the Win32 gui already has the http password interface
and a number of other new improvements added and is currently in internal
testing and should be released within the next day.

Jeff