[RC5] fetch/flush question

Aric Watson adwatson at umich.edu
Thu Apr 2 21:34:34 EST 1998

I have a pretty simple question -- is there a good reason why I shouldn't
just let a machine do random blocks? After all, isn't there a ~99.3%
chance it won't pciks a duplicate that someone else has done (from the
keyspace already checked)? This would make it easier to use machines that
aren't on the network...

Also,(maybe this has been asked before) but I'm curious what kind of
setups people are running their clients on? Anything interesting?

- Aric

Aric Watson (adwatson at umich.edu)
School of Information, University of Michigan
http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~adwatson/
(313) 975-2326

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net