[RC5] Stats problem?

Michael Larocque mlarocque at shaw.wave.ca
Sat Apr 4 08:29:48 EST 1998

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Michael Larocque wrote:

<snip>

> I have been seeing this for the past 2-3 days. For instance, the stats
> update of 03 Apr 00:00 GMT reports that I completed 515 blocks,
> however my proxy logs have 969 unique blocks. A similar situation
> exists for the previous 2 days.

<snip>

(following up on my own post :)

After further study of my proxy logs, I found that it had been handing
out blocks in the '69' range. The '69' range is supposed to be for
random blocks, so it seems that my 'missing' blocks were actually
duplicates of blocks that someone else had probably already processed
doing random blocks.

After flushing my processed blocks on all my machines, I tossed all my
buffers (clients and proxy), and after refilling, I am now back to
processing blocks in the '68' subspace.

The question becomes: _Why_ are/were the main keyservers handing out
blocks in a 'random' subspace?

Mike

<*> Michael Larocque - mlarocque at shaw.wave.ca <*>
An idle CPU is a terrible thing to waste - www.distributed.net