[RC5] New 400 GUI client for Win95 doesn't keep autostart settings

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Wed Apr 8 19:54:23 EDT 1998

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Dan Sugalski wrote:

> The client I was using (the last GUI release) was set to autostart. I
> installed the new one and checked--it too was set to autostart. However,
> after I rebooted, the client did *not* autostart. After firing it up
> manually, I noticed that the "Automatically launch client as startup
> service" box was checked with a grayed-out checkmark. I had to uncheck and
> re-check the box to get a solid check in there.

This grayed-out means that in the .ini the registry key "bovwin32"
_is_ present, but isn't pointing to the executable you're running at
this moment.
I guess this is because you installed the new version in a different
location.

Maybe something for a new version: Check if there's a key named
"bovwin32" and if it's pointing to the wrong file, do something ( fix
it | issue a warning | abort)

Ivo
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net