[RC5] v3 client

Jim C. Nasby nasby at enteract.com
Wed Apr 8 22:40:35 EDT 1998

Patrick-

Well, v3 is (slowly) being worked on. Well, was slowly being worked on; Duncan
is currently free of the daily grind, so he is picking up the pace on
documentation. After all the docs are done, coding can begin (see, we actually
engineer software, not just hack!). Anyway, there is no expected availability
date at this time, although Duncan did say it would be done 'some time this
milenium'. :)

As far as sexier projects go, v3 will be able to do lots, and it will be
public, so anyone could write a core for it. It is possible that the specs
might be made public before all the coding is done, so people could get a
jump-start on new cores.

We know a number of people are getting bored with RC5-64 but we can only move
so fast on rolling new things out. We're working towards getting our current
client base under a little better control (hence the development freeze), and
after that's done there might be something else between now and v3... ;)

Keep cracking and have patience!
dB!
distributed.net User Interface