[RC5] Cracking Share statistics

Stephen Berg sberg at gccweb.net
Wed Apr 15 01:58:03 EDT 1998

On Tue, 14 Apr 1998 23:01:20 +0200 (CET), Thomas Grewe wrote:

>Another step further (2) would be to have these kind of stats also
>for the last day.
>The columns than could be:
>OS or Processor Type; Total Blocks; share; Blocks yesterday, share

Doesn't the use of a proxy server keep the OS that the block was
processed on hidden from the main block servers?  For instance: if I
use OS/2 to process blocks, but fetch/flush via a *nix proxy server,
the main servers think it's processed on that *nix.  If I were the
one to find it, the D.net people would have to get the logs from the
proxy analyzed (or the person maintaining the proxy) in order to
figure out just which OS found the correct key.

[Moderator's note: No, the proxy retains the CPU/OS/VER info ]

                            Stephen Berg
//- USAF Instructor  -/-  Team OS2 Member  -/-  Merlin Beta Tester -//
//- Home = sberg at gccweb.net // Work = berg at trs333.kee.aetc.af.mil  -//
//-                    http://iceberg.gccweb.net/                  -//
//-   If you build a better mousetrap, someone will genetically    -//
//-                     engineer a better mouse.                   -//

... I don't believe the liberal media!
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net