[RC5] Cracking Share statistics

Stephen Berg sberg at gccweb.net
Wed Apr 15 10:05:49 EDT 1998

On Wed, 15 Apr 98 00:58:03 -0600, Stephen Berg wrote:

>one to find it, the D.net people would have to get the logs from the
>proxy analyzed (or the person maintaining the proxy) in order to
>figure out just which OS found the correct key.
>
>[Moderator's note: No, the proxy retains the CPU/OS/VER info

Exactly what I was saying, the proxy retains it but does not send it
in when it fetches and flushes blocks to the main keyservers.  So the
stats could display the OS used info but it wouldn't be accurate
since the proxys filter out that information from the keyservers.

[Moderator's note: No, the proxy retains and sends all CPU/OS/VER
information to the full proxies and that same information is sent
to the keymaster.  The proxies do not modify or filter anything.]

                            Stephen Berg
//- USAF Instructor  -/-  Team OS2 Member  -/-  Merlin Beta Tester -//
//- Home = sberg at gccweb.net // Work = berg at trs333.kee.aetc.af.mil  -//
//-                    http://iceberg.gccweb.net/                  -//
//-   If you build a better mousetrap, someone will genetically    -//
//-                     engineer a better mouse.                   -//

... Criminal Lawyer....isn't that redundant?
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net