[RC5] Cracking Share statistics

Stephen Berg sberg at gccweb.net
Thu Apr 16 01:42:46 EDT 1998

On Wed, 15 Apr 98 09:05:49 -0600, Stephen Berg wrote:

>[Moderator's note: No, the proxy retains and sends all CPU/OS/VER
>information to the full proxies and that same information is sent
>to the keymaster.  The proxies do not modify or filter anything.]

I thought I remember something about after the DES contest ended,
D.net had to contact the proxy that reported the correct key in order
to determine that information, or was that specific to DES?

                            Stephen Berg
//- USAF Instructor  -/-  Team OS2 Member  -/-  Merlin Beta Tester -//
//- Home = sberg at gccweb.net // Work = berg at trs333.kee.aetc.af.mil  -//
//-                    http://iceberg.gccweb.net/                  -//
//-   If you build a better mousetrap, someone will genetically    -//
//-                     engineer a better mouse.                   -//

... Shotgun Wedding: Case of wife or death!
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net