[RC5] Dupes

Mike Silbersack silby at execpc.com
Thu Apr 16 13:36:19 EDT 1998

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 01:56:02 +1000, Steve Bennett wrote:

>Peter A. DeNitto wrote:
>
>> So, do yourself a favour, your team, me, distributed.net, and all of
>> society a favour and keep your clients upgraded.
>
>I would...but.  I'm using 2.7006.388 and I suspect it's one of the last before they
>start having the whole 'install' process (with install shield, and the registry
>etc), which, having run it enough times at school, I know that I do not want to run
>on my own computer.
>
>Will any future versions not have the install 'feature', or is there a
>non-installing version?
>
>--
>Steve Bennett, stevage at earthling.net

The Build 400 client comes in a self-extracting zip which starts the install program... if you don't want to have it auto-
install, manually unzip it.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack
silby at execpc.com
Distributed.Net Tech Support

We cracked RC5-56.  We cracked DES.  Can you help us with RC5-64?
Put your idle CPU to work:  Add it to the world's LARGEST computer.
http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net