[RC5] Time-out ... sorry just find it

ALBERTY Pascal pal at bsb.be
Fri Apr 17 16:53:22 EDT 1998

Sorry, I just find the answer in the FAQ :

|What if my computer starts checking a block and I have to reboot? Won't
that block be
|lost?
|In order to accommodate slower clients and to minimize duplication of work
there is
|no recycle period after which a keyblock is reassigned. If we reach the end
of the
|keyspace without finding the winning key, we will start back at the
beginning and
|assign the unreturned blocks.

But now, I can ask a global question:

Do you think that it's a good solution ? Imagine that the winning key is
a key lost by a "trying_just_for_fun" people in the begining of the
challenge! Imagine that the winning key is lost again in the second attempt
... or more ...

What's happening if a people run the client to get keys, just delete
buffer.in whitout cracking them, re-run the client to get keys, etc.. etc
... ????

Thanks.
ALBERTY Pascal - pal at bsb.be
Business Solutions Builders