[RC5] Question: what's the block 'time-out' ?

Dave Avery cwax at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 17 13:30:52 EDT 1998

On Fri, 17 Apr 1998 15:40:57 +0200, ALBERTY Pascal wrote:

>Just a question ... I search but didn't find the answer on the
>Web Site neither FAQ.
>
>When a block is consider 'lost' by the keyserve or a proxy ?
>
>For exemple, I receive a block to test (it's my buffer.in) but
>I don't run the soft and don't crack it ... I keep this block
>and he'll be never tested ?

blocks are recycled when we reach the end of the 2^56 subspace.
this happens about every 6 weeks. any blocks not returned are reissued

this is also a good reason no to buffer TOO many blocks

dave

Dave Avery                                       cwax at pacbell.net
distributed .net Statistics plotting http://www.distributed.net/statistics
        Flight Simulator hardware and software engineering

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net