[RC5] Dupes

Ryan Schmidt berrytech at bigfoot.com
Sat Apr 18 01:08:04 EDT 1998

Dave Kaupp added:
>How about a line in the stats page (if the stats are
>tossing out dupes),
>XXX blocks completed yesterday (.............)
>XX duplicate blocks that didnt count.

Yes! This kind of thing should definately be on the stats pages. In contrast
to the ".000000000001% of keyspace completed" stat, this is one we could
really use. The graphs you have now, with red bars for completed blocks?
Change it thus: green bars for completed blocks, red bars for duplicate
blocks! Plot them simultaneously, and you have a great reference.

I don't know anything about how the stats are handled behind the scenes. But
some sort of block tracking is happening, because people can see how many
blocks they submit individually. There just *must* be some not-so-hard way to
provide this duplicate block tracking feature.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net