[RC5] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Email buffer flushing and fetching now available

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Sun Apr 19 19:07:00 EDT 1998

> Will future clients support automatic flush-by-email?  It would probably
> be useful for those behind firewalls who can't seem to get by with http
> proxies.

It's a possibility.  We'll have to operate this for a while and see
how effective it is.

> Also, is there a way to surpress the recept mailback?  You would certianly
> want that if doing the above.  (Fornatly, I'm not firewalled, so it isn't
> a problem for me.)

I'm not sure why being firewalled means you'd want to suppress the
receipt.  In any event, it's possible to turn off the receipt
acknowledgement when flushing.  Add "receipt=no" to your message.

-- Tim

Tim Charron
timc at distributed.net
http://www.interlog.com/~tcharron/