[RC5] How to start/stop the client under Linux

John Campbell jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com
Mon Apr 20 22:05:52 EDT 1998

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Alexander Skwar wrote:

> But how do I stop the client ?  Creating an exitnow.rc5 file works, but
> is to slow.  Is it safe to kill the client with "kill PID", or will the
> processed blocks be lost by doing so ?

	The kill -1 that most Linux boxes send all processes when shutting
down causes the Linux rc5 client to shut down cleanly, saving its work.
It'll save not only processed blocks, but the work it's done on partially
processed ones as well. No need to worry about scripts.

---
John Campbell
jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com

QotD:  To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and, whatever you hit,
call it the target.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net