[RC5] How to start/stop the client under Linux

Greg Wooledge wooledge at kellnet.com
Mon Apr 20 22:12:02 EDT 1998

Alexander Skwar (ASkwar at DigitalProjects.com) wrote:

> But how do I stop the client ?  Creating an exitnow.rc5 file works, but
> is to slow.  Is it safe to kill the client with "kill PID", or will the
> processed blocks be lost by doing so ?

'kill PID' is perfectly safe as long as you don't do something silly
like 'kill -9 PID' (which would certainly cause the block to be dropped).

As for how to determine the PID -- recent version of Linux include a
command called 'pidof' which can help with this.  You might want to
use a command like:

	kill `pidof rc5des`

--
"Daddy, why do those people have to    |   Greg Wooledge
  use Microsoft Windows?"              |   wooledge at kellnet.com
"Don't stare, son; it's not polite."   |   http://www.kellnet.com/wooledge/
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net