[RC5] Client not using all available idle cycles

BARNETTE JEFFREY D JEFFBARN at LPFPO.kelly.af.mil
Tue Apr 21 02:41:27 EDT 1998

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense.  WinTop shows approximately 0.3% of
processor cycles are being expended on WinTop itself.  My "wasted" cycles
(11%) were going to the IDLE process, not to WinTop.

By the way, disabling Windows' power management solved the problem.  IDLE
has dropped to less than 0.5% and the dist.net client is consistently in the
98.5% range when nothing else is running.  Thanks to Joe Zbiciak for the
tip.

Jeff