[RC5] Question about RC5 Linux

Hilmar Preusse hp4 at Rcs1.urz.tu-dresden.de
Wed Apr 22 21:28:56 EDT 1998

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Mike Urban wrote:

Hi,

> Why does the first part say "RC5 #*2^28"? I thought all the RC5 blocks
> were 3*2^30?
Again: The adress, which is submitted to the proxy is split into pieces.
dependig on, what kind of keyspace the guy before you take. It was
explained exactly in this list a long time before. Please look up in the
mailing list archive.

> Also, what is the "Child thread #1"? Is it working on two blocks at the
> same time? It seems that way because it says "24 blocks remain" and then
No. It helds the second block ready to run over it, when the first block is
done. It saves a little bit time -- I think. 1 CPU - 1 block all other
doesn't make sense.
Hilmar

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net