[RC5] Problems with RC5 via HTTP proxy

Tim Charron tcharron at ctfinance.com
Thu Apr 23 17:43:46 EDT 1998

> distributed.net RC5 project.  Unfortunately we live behind a fiendish
> firewall, and have had no luck in getting either clients or a personal

> (Our HTTP proxy is of course on 172.20.225.4:8080)

How does your telnet work? You might want to try using keyserver
port of 23, and keyserver name of us32.v27.distributed.net if it's
a straight passthrough.

Alternatively, you might want to use the email buffer fetch/flush
procedure.
Send an empty message to fetch at distributed.net to get buffer files, of
attach your buff-out.rc5 to a message sent to flush at distributed.net to
have it flushed.  It's not ideal, but it's better than sneakernet.

-- Tim
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net