[RC5] Rack stuffed full of motherboards ?

Patrick rc5 at SmalNet.ch
Sat Apr 25 20:50:02 EDT 1998

1) ***** <---cripted answer :)
2) yes, considering you don't have any HD, but it will take a bit of
redesigning the connections , and make sure you don't go over the specs of
the power supply.
3) no, the motherboard couldn't care less

budjet : make a rack of AMD-K5 machines
if you've got a little money to put into this, go with the new intel Celeron
266 :)) same core as a PII, just no L2 cache (we could not care less here)
lot cheaper and overclockable up to 400 MHz (depending on mobo). that would
be a killer rack , Wow.

NT tels me the service uses 576 K of ram, so 1MB/machine might prove enough
under DOS
Network card with PROMs will be the best choice

let us know how it goes and what choices you make.

Patrick