[RC5] Rack stuffed full of motherboards ?

Sanford Olson sanford at msn.fullfeed.com
Sat Apr 25 20:13:32 EDT 1998

Another idea as far as power supplies, network cards, etc goes is to find
all those 286 and 386 PC's that most companies have sitting in the basement
(you could go door to door :)), gut them, and use power supplies, diskette
drives and video cards from them in your rack.  Power supplies from clone
286's will work fine with Pentium-class Baby-AT motherboards.  Instead of
boot ROMS on the network cards, you could use boot diskettes.  Also,
there's probably plenty of old coax Ethernet network cards around as well
(I know have 8 or so laying in a box somewhere).

- Sanford

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net