[RC5] Rack stuffed full of motherboards ?

Karl G - NOC Admin ovrneith at tqgnet.com
Mon Apr 27 13:23:02 EDT 1998

On Sat, 25 Apr 1998, Patrick wrote:

> NT tels me the service uses 576 K of ram, so 1MB/machine might prove enough
> under DOS
> Network card with PROMs will be the best choice

I would suggest running Linux.  I have 2 boxes with identical hardware.
PMMX200 and my linux box gets about 16% more k/s than the DOS box does...
does anyone have/know of a bootprom linux howto?  i'm 99.9% sure it's
possible to do...  just HOW is the question...

> let us know how it goes and what choices you make.
please do!  (i might even give it a shot myself...) esp. with the
power supply...  i'd like to know what you used.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  Karl Grindley
  ICQ: 2660211
  Network Administrator
  TQG Internet Network

----
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated "If General Motors had
kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be
driving twenty-five dollar cars that get 1000 miles/gal."

Recently General Motors addressed this comment by releasing the statement
"Yes, but would you want your car to crash twice a day?"

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net