[RC5] At 10 Billion Per Second

Karl G - NOC Admin ovrneith at tqgnet.com
Mon Apr 27 13:00:45 EDT 1998

On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Glen Hoag wrote:

> Over the past eight weeks, our rate has been increasing *very roughly*
> linearly at about 89Mkeys/sec/day.  (this is based on a visual curvefit of
> the eight week plot of the keyrate at
> <http://www.distributed.net/statistics>)  If this is a valid approximation,
> we would exhaust the keyspace in roughly 2000 days, or about five and a
> half years.

this is also assuming that we won't find the key till all the keyspace is
exhausted... just to remind everyone... the point is to find the correct
key.. not *ALL* the possible keys!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  Karl Grindley
  ICQ: 2660211
  Network Administrator
  TQG Internet Network

----
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated "If General Motors had
kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be
driving twenty-five dollar cars that get 1000 miles/gal."

Recently General Motors addressed this comment by releasing the statement
"Yes, but would you want your car to crash twice a day?"

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net