[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #190

Karl G - NOC Admin ovrneith at tqgnet.com
Thu Apr 30 10:40:03 EDT 1998

On Mon, 27 Apr 1998, Dustin Puryear wrote:

> [snip, snip]
> >Netscape was so impressed with this, it convinced them to release its
> >source code to Communicator for public development... (mozilla.org)  Which
> >has been a very big hit and very successful.
>   On the whole Netscape issue - it would be more accurate to say "it
> remains to be seen if it is a very big hit and very successful." Thank you
> and have a good night.

Well, actually, it's already been a big hit.... i've seen more press cover
and excitement on the mozilla project than on any other single software
project in history...  I mean, have you ever been to a source release
party with more than 1000 people? (or.. better yet... have you ever heard
of a "source release party" before?)  But you are correct, success has
yet to be seen. we should know in June....  First beta is due out then.
Maybe the v3 client dev team should talk to the mozilla teams and build a
client into mozilla itself.  heh... :)

  Karl Grindley
  ICQ: 2660211
  Network Administrator