[RC5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #96

Phil Reed pcr at ic.net
Mon Apr 13 21:48:57 EDT 1998

Well, I downloaded the 2.7001 Win32 cracker as soon as I could get
it off the FTP site, and fired it up at work. It started up as smooth
as usual, but when I connected to get my first buffer full of keys,
I connected to the proxy:

                "Crack more keys! Faster! Faster!"

Would it be too much to ask that the official proxy sites put
some kind of reasonable identifier in their connect string?
Something like their machine name, perhaps. It would engender
a little more confidence that we were actually connecting to
a machine that belongs here. It might look a little more professional.

                                   ...phil (waiting for the NT proxy)

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net