[RC5] Rack stuffed full of motherboards (follow-up)

John Campbell jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com
Thu Apr 30 22:14:53 EDT 1998

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998 gindrup at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>      I'm curious why you're intending to use so much RAM?  I would
>      *suspect* that 2MB is sufficient for DOS4GW and RC5DESD (although I
>      haven't much of an idea on how to test this with the hardware I
>      have).

	It probably is... but have you tried finding SIMMs smaller than 4M
lately? And they usually have to be installed in pairs...
	(Though if anyone's interested, I've got 32 1M SIMMs that I'd be
willing to trade for 8 4Ms... :) )

---
John Campbell
jcampbel at lynn.ci-n.com

QotD:  It's hard to drive at the limit, but it's harder to know where the
limits are.
To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net