[RC5] Random block dupe probability (was Win95 GUI Lurk?)

David Taylor David_Taylor at msn.com
Sat Apr 4 16:49:28 EST 1998

> PS:  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm working on the
> assumption that the subspace for random block generation is currently
> set to be somewhere within the four open 56-bit subspaces.

I'm working from memory here, as www.distributed.net seems to be down..
so I might be wrong, but, I think that we are working on 0x66 0x67 0x68 and
0x69.
0x66 is an almost completed 'standard' (i.e. server assigned opposed to
randomly
generated) subspace. 0x67 and 0x69 are pretty empty random subspaces, and
0x68 is
the current subspace (although I think blocks from 0x66 are being reassigned
'til it
is 100% complete)..

David Taylor
David_Taylor at msn.com