[RC5]V3...Lets beat the GIMPS effort

Jeff Woods jwoods at delta.com
Wed Aug 19 10:30:49 EDT 1998

No -- every 30 minutes, the program stops briefly to save the results of
the most recent iteration.  If you lose power, crash, whatever, the most
you'll lose is 30 minutes, assuming space on the hard drive exists.   (I've
lost several days' crunching once when a hard drive filled, and the
progress file could not be written).

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net