[RC5]V3...Lets beat the GIMPS effort

gindrup at okway.okstate.edu gindrup at okway.okstate.edu
Thu Aug 20 14:53:56 EDT 1998

     What is the sum of the exponents of the first k Mersenne Primes?
     o() would be preferable to O().

     If the exponents are "dense enough", then the set of Mersenne Primes
     would make a decent modulus base for doing Chinese Remainder Theorem
     arithmetic.  The reductions to these moduli would be fast to perform
     (also).

     FFTs are fine for general multiplication, but you're not doing
     general multiplication.  All you ever do is square (and subtract 2
     which is pretty easy).