[RC5] Windows Screen Savers

Colin Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Wed Dec 2 08:35:48 EST 1998

OK, I normally use "Blank" as my screen saver on my work box, but
several of the PII's in our office use GL screen savers on non or
lightly GL accelerated video cards.  Now, this wouldn't be so bad,
except that Windows runs the screen saver program *even* when the APM
kicks the monitor off at night.  Does anyone know any solution to this?
Is there anything available that will make the screen saver stop
execution or lower priority when APM has kicked the monitor to sleep or
off?  Is there a way that the client could (as an option) detect this
condition and raise its priority to application level or time critical?

Thanks in advance,
Colin Hildinger

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net