[RC5] Interactive jobs detectors

Joe Zbiciak j-zbiciak1 at ti.com
Wed Dec 2 14:18:16 EST 1998

'Meelis Roos' said previously:
| 2. There's a patch for linux kernel to add idle scheduler class so the
| rc5 client can have _really_ idle priority.

Let me add that "#2" really works very well.  You do need to start the
RC5 client with a separate program which sets the schedule class to the
new "SCHED_IDLE" scheduling class.

It's fairly trivial to hack the program "rt" to do this, or one of the
other real-time scheduling programs to support SCHED_IDLE.

If you're interested in details, please email me with private email.

Regards,

--Joe

--
 +------- Joseph Zbiciak ----+
 | - - j-zbiciak1 at ti.com - - | "It is by universal misunderstanding that all
 |-Texas Instruments, Dallas-|  agree.  For if, by ill luck, people understood

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net