[RC5] Windows Screen Savers

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Wed Dec 2 21:39:05 EST 1998

Yes, all the boxen have APM stuff enabled, yet the boxes with people
running GL screensavers don't do well at all, they actually crack more
during the day than at night because the screensavers aren't running!
I did go in today and quietly lower their detail levels and speeds a
bit, so that may help some. :)  Most of these machines are also running
ATI Rage Pro chipsets and I downloaded and installed the beta 2 GL
drivers for them, so that might help some, too.  The ideal solution,
though, would be to have the screen saver stop running when the APM
kicked the monitor to sleep.  Next to that, having the client go to
higher priority in this mode as an option would be nice.

--
Colin Hildinger
Design Engineer

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net