[RC5] overclocking + RC5?

Langis, Richard richard.langis at intel.com
Thu Dec 3 10:46:00 EST 1998

I've O/Ced a PentiumII 350 to 392 without problems regarding cooling.  I
tried
taking it to 434 but I think my RAM wouldn't let it go for a 124MHz bus
freq.

Regarding the cpu-cooling programs & RC5...they don't work well together.
What
the cooling programs do is more or less TURN OFF your cpu when you aren't
using
it.  That sorta kills your keyrate.  ;)  I have four machines under my desk
here
at work doing RC5, and even in the winter I wear shorts just to keep cool.
No
space heater for me, thanks - I've got a couple of computers and RC5!

-Richard

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net