[RC5] Gaining A Statistical Advantage

Thu Dec 3 16:21:54 EST 1998

I just wanted to mention that the contest is to crack the code in the
required amount of time, before anyone else does.  Not to have a faster
machine.  I think puporsely overlapping the keyspaces for "competition" is
just plain ridiculous.  We're not out to prove we have a faster computer;
the point of the contest is to prove you can break the code faster, whether
it be based on better coding for the program, better hardware, a different
starting point (luck), etc.

just my opinion.

David Karl

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net