[RC5] Participant Stats

Stephen Berg sberg at pangaealink.com
Sat Dec 5 00:41:17 EST 1998

I remember a short time ago some discussion of the stats server
keeping track of participants by assigning unique ID #'s to each
person/email address.  One advantage that was mentioned (I think it
was from Nugget, but not sure) was that if a participant had changed
email addresses he/she would be able to retain blocks from one email
address to another.

I've used three different addresses since I started RC5, dropped one
ISP because their service sucked, the second ISP went out of business
on me, now I'm on my third.  I'd really like to be able to have all
the blocks from my first two addresses counted with my current stats
cause the two old email addresses account for over 36,000 blocks.

Is this a possibility now or still in the works?  If now, how does
one go about proving that the blocks from an email address actually
belong to that person using a new address?  I don't have any way to
receive email at either of my two old addresses any longer.  But I do
have the D.net assigned participant password for both accounts.

                            Stephen Berg
//-    USAF Instructor  -/-  Reluctant NT User -/- Web Designer    -//
//-                 Home = sberg at pangaealink.com                   -//
//-               Work = berg.stephen at keesler.af.mil               -//
//-  http://www3.pangaealink.com/~sberg/ -/- http://www.3c0x1.com  -//

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net