[RC5] Where is the OS info coming from?

Ivo Janssen ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl
Mon Dec 21 21:09:04 EST 1998

On Sun, 20 Dec 1998, Aaron Cannon wrote:

> How hard would it be to fix this?  After all, each block already contains
> an email address.

There's nothing to fix. Emailaddresses don't say anything about what
OS you are running and I can't imagine anything more reliable then
setting a compiletime option for the OS, depending on the OS you're
compiling on. Too bad for those (huge amount of?) people which are
running clients not native to their OS (or even platform).

Ivo

--
| IVO JANSSEN       | ivo at ricardis.tudelft.nl     | |     |   |
| 2614 JE Delft     | http://ivo.nu/                 | +->-|    (|)
| the Netherlands   | Dept of Electrical Engineering |     |-+   |
| +31-15-2855973    | Delft University of Technology |       |   |

  Part of the world's largest computer!
  http://www.distributed.net/

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net