[RC5] DES II-3 Work to Completion?

Stephen Berg sberg at pangaealink.com
Wed Dec 23 11:48:35 EST 1998

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:20:45 -0600, dbaker at cuckoo.com wrote:

> I can see no benefit to completing the full DES keyspace;
> all it will do is cause more load on the proxy network and
> on the keymaster.

Wouldn't that be a good reason to do the full keyspace?  Put the
keyservers, proxies, personal proxies and clients through a stress
test to see how they'll handle the situation.  A lab type beta is all
well and good, but a live real world test might give us better
information on just how robust the network is going to be under that
kind of stress.

                            Stephen Berg
//-    USAF Instructor  -/-  Reluctant NT User -/- Web Designer    -//
//-                 Home = sberg at pangaealink.com                   -//
//-               Work = berg.stephen at keesler.af.mil               -//
//-  http://www3.pangaealink.com/~sberg/ -/- http://www.3c0x1.com  -//

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net