[RC5] DES II-3 Work to Completion?

dbaker at cuckoo.com dbaker at cuckoo.com
Wed Dec 23 13:19:48 EST 1998

On 23-Dec-1998, Denie Andriessen wrote:
> [...]

 Donating CPU power to a worth cause is very different from wasting
 bandwidth that friendly ISPs let us use to power our network.

 Nothing exciting would happen to the proxy network if we reached
 the end of the keyspace.  It would just use more bandwidth, especially
 in terms of the proxy<->keymaster communications.

 We've essentially already done this when we reached the end of a
 RC5-64 key subspace.  This occasionally happens when keymaster administrators
 aren't prepared for the end of a RC5-64 subspace.

Daniel

--
dbaker at cuckoo.com - CuckooNet Consultant - www.cuckoo.com