[RC5] DES II-3 Work to Completion?

dbaker at cuckoo.com dbaker at cuckoo.com
Wed Dec 23 14:17:07 EST 1998

On 23-Dec-1998, Stephen Berg wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:20:45 -0600, dbaker at cuckoo.com wrote:
>
> > I can see no benefit to completing the full DES keyspace;
> > all it will do is cause more load on the proxy network and
> > on the keymaster.
>
> Wouldn't that be a good reason to do the full keyspace?  Put the
> keyservers, proxies, personal proxies and clients through a stress
> test to see how they'll handle the situation.  A lab type beta is all
> well and good, but a live real world test might give us better
> information on just how robust the network is going to be under that
> kind of stress.

 The pproxies and clients wouldn't be "stress tested."  I don't see anything
 that needs to be tested.  The contest ends when the key has been found, and
 running it any further is useless.

 The additional load wouldn't be enough stress for any significant
 results.

Daniel

--
dbaker at cuckoo.com - CuckooNet Consultant - www.cuckoo.com