[RC5] DES II-3 Work to Completion?

Mike Faunce mfaunce at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 24 09:52:56 EST 1998

I (personally) don't care if we exhaust the keyspace for DES, but I would
like to see us continue until we find the key, even if EFF (or someone else)
finds it first.  If this involved exhausting the keyspace, then so be it.
We know the "system" can "find" the key, but what about the dozens of
variables that we don't normally test on the larger contests -- latency due
to the combination of faster and slower clients, communications issues, lost
blocks due to client (hardware, software and communications) problems, etc.

Mike
-----
Mike Faunce - mfaunce at earthlink.net