[RC5] Speed increase for some Windows users...

Torren Craigie-Manson torren at home.com
Mon Dec 28 10:56:05 EST 1998

After someone brought the subject up last night on IRC, I checked four
of "my" windows computers that have MSOffice installed.  Sure enough,
each of them had two critters "findfast" and "office startup" loading
via the startup group.

Zapping these gave me a 6kk/s or so increase per machine... And no, I
don't know what they're supposed to do, so please don't ask me.  (If you
delete them and things go wonky on your machine, restore them from the
recycle bin.)

Cheers,
	Torren
--
A CPU is a terrible thing to waste.  Join the world's fastest computer
http:\\www.distributed.net

To unsubscribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at lists.distributed.net