[RC5] I still dont understand?

Anthony J Hicks anthony at sizzling.com
Tue Dec 29 09:01:47 EST 1998

Please take the time to actually read the EFF web site's description of the
machine.  It explains exactly how there system works.  The chips that run
the machine were especially designed by EFF for cracking DES and it is NOT a
brute force attack like d.net, rather it very cleverly eliminates unlikely
blocks leaving a very small portion of the blocks space to brute force
attack.  Sure d.net has more processors and can process more keys in a brute
force style attack, but eff's so called "deep crack" chips are much more
efficient.

There is a detailed book online covering all aspects of the construction of
the machine and design of the "deep crack" chips - an interesting read
(although technically heavy in parts).

Regards,
Anthony.