[RC5] DES 2 (in preparation of)

Matthew Dobrindt dobrindt at niagara.com
Thu Jan 1 16:02:04 EST 1998

Sorry, I've got to go on topic for a sec  :)

It's my understanding that the new DES clients will be released somewhere
around the 7th. On the day the contest starts the proxies will begin
handing out DES blocks instead of RSA. So if the day before the contest
starts your personal proxy downloads 10000 blocks or your clients have a
full buff-in of 1000 this contest won't get the good start needed to crunch
this within <23 days.

In preparation of DES I'm keeping a careful eye on my machines buffers so
that I can do a full fetch the day DES starts.

Comments?

Matthew Dobrindt
Koan Information Systems
dobrindt at niagara.com