[RC5] DES 2 (in preparation of)

mlarocque at shaw.wave.ca mlarocque at shaw.wave.ca
Thu Jan 1 15:16:26 EST 1998

On Thu, 1 Jan 1998, Matthew Dobrindt wrote:

> Sorry, I've got to go on topic for a sec  :)
>
> It's my understanding that the new DES clients will be released somewhere
> around the 7th. On the day the contest starts the proxies will begin
> handing out DES blocks instead of RSA. So if the day before the contest
> starts your personal proxy downloads 10000 blocks or your clients have a
> full buff-in of 1000 this contest won't get the good start needed to crunch
> this within <23 days.

My understanding is that there will be new perproxies to go along with
the new clients. So, I'm just going to 'turn off' my current perproxy,
install the new one in a new directory, turn it on, and turn on the
new clients. When DES II is complete, I'll just turn on the old
(current) perproxy and clients again.

Mike

<*> Michael Larocque - mlarocque at shaw.wave.ca - mrl at riscan.com <*>

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net