[RC5] Stats Update Time

George D. Nincehelser george at nishnabotna.com
Thu Jan 1 20:22:14 EST 1998

Not to sound USA-centric, but are the processing of the daily statisics
during US "Prime Time" really a good idea?

In other words, 0 GMT seems to coincide too closely to the time when we
Americans would be most likely to be doing our recreational surfing.
When the stats are being processed at this time, vistors, newcomers and
possible new recruits to the effort are being "turned away".

Might there be a better time to do the stat maintenance than 0 GMT?  I
realize there is no perfect time to satisfy everyone across the world,
but it seems to me that 0 GMT may not be the best low-impact choice.

George

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net