[RC5] Virus

The Man theman at fallout.dyndns.com
Thu Jan 1 18:48:22 EST 1998

Geocities wrote:

> I just thought I would let some other people know that at least the
> Windows 95/NT GUI version of the newest client is infected with the
> Spanska.4250 virus.  I also think the DOS versions are infected as well.
>
> Hope this is just a problem with my computers, or has already been said.

There are a number of possible explanations: 1) There are simply byte
patterns in the client matching that virus's signature, 2) You downloaded
the client from an (unauthorized) mirror, 3) Something else on your machine
infected the client. Somebody needs to try verifying this on a clean
machine... and please, in case you somehow missed all the previous messages,
posting in HTML is **strongly** discouraged.

Keith Wesolowski		theman at fallout.dyndns.com
University of Nevada - CS/EE	Visit Reno's Fastest Computer!!!
The Fallout Shelter - North	http://fallout.dyndns.com/
To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net