[RC5] DES 2 (in preparation of)

Mary Conner trif at serv.net
Thu Jan 1 19:21:29 EST 1998

On Thu, 1 Jan 1998, Travis Siegel wrote:
> My roommates machine does a block of rc564 stuff in 16 minutes.  This
> translates to 225 blocks/day, (considerably more than 40 blocks/day)

I usually have no interest in getting involved in computer dick size
wars, but I just thought I would note that 16 minutes per block is
not even close to 225 blocks/day, it's more like 95 or so per day.

Now, please continue the irrelevant, "my computer does more blocks than
your computer," idiocy.  We certainly have nothing better to talk about
here.

ObRC5: Even if your computer gets 1 block/day, when DES II comes run it
on DES II if at all possible all the time.  You will be making a greater
percentage contribution to DES II than you would to rc5/64.  All available
cpu is needed if we're going to beat that deadline.

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net