[RC5] DES 2 (in preparation of)

Roy Wilson emperor at slic.com
Fri Jan 2 00:23:53 EST 1998

On Thu, 1 Jan 1998 22:58:38 -0600 (CST), Daniel Baker wrote:

>> 	I want to run the DES client during the day, and *both*
>> clients at night.  Possible?
>
>Why? Each will get 50% of the idle cpu. If you want to split your CPU
>between rc5 and des, just run them both all the time.

	Mainly just playing around on this machine.  I'd like to
get a decent average of completion time in each client alone,
then with both running, just to see what the performance is.

	If my current paltry RC564 rate of 126kk/s doesn't drop
below 100 when running both, and the DES client takes a similar
(or smaller) performance hit, I'll run them both simultaneously.
 No sense not churning out 30-38 RC564 blocks in the place of a
lesser amount of DES blocks.

	Just so long as the two clients aren't mutually
conflictive.

Roy Wilson <emperor at slic.com>
Lat: 44.850959 Lon: -74.40286 [+/- 6']

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net