Amazon.Com Was:Re: [RC5] Clients and ISO 8601

Fri Jan 2 06:44:09 EST 1998

On Wed, 31 Dec 97 15:12:51 -0500, Roy Wilson wrote:

>	Check out the page full of complaints at that address -
>it's NOT spam, it's lists these boneheads ASKED to be put on!

Please do not over generalize.  I am on the Amazon.com mailing list and
consider myself to be a bibliophile, not a bonehead.  Also, what the
boneheads are whining about is not spam (irrelevant crap broadcast to
newsgroups/mailing lists) it is Unsolicited Commercial Email (undesired
advertising sent to your personal email address).

I have requested to be on the Amazon.com mailing list, along with BMT
Micro and Indelible Blue.  I want advertising from these specific
vendors.

<GRUMPYOLDMANMODE=ON>

The whiners are primarally complaining about whether the check box for
"Add me to the mailing list" should by default be checked (as it
currently is) or not checked.  Or in other words, they do not want to
have to read and understand the whole form before placeing an order.
Personally I think that if you don't read and understand every form
that you sign, you get what you deserve.

<GRUMPYOLDMANMODE=OFF>

Skip Huffman, Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office, Quality Group

You know that you are drinking