[RC5] Cracking 40 bits in realtime

Fri Jan 2 06:48:37 EST 1998

On Thu, 1 Jan 1998 14:49:55 -0500 (EST), Matt Perry wrote:

>With that kind of power, why not just start cracking 40 bit messges left
>and right.  Let people submit a 40 bit message they need cracked, send it
>out across d.net, then email the reply back to the sender (or post it on a
>web site).

This is an immoral act.  Just because I can shoplift, does not mean
that I should.  I unequivocally oppose this suggestion.  I would
immediatly leave d.net and encourage criminal proceedings upon those
who engaged in such an enterprise.

Skip Huffman
| Denying millions of law-abiding people the use of a legitimate    |
| and increasingly necessary security product for "law enforcement" |
| reasons is like banning deadbolt locks because they make it a     |
| little harder to kick down the doors of a few drug dealers.       |
|             CONRAD BURNS, U.S. Senator (R-Mont.)                  |

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net