[RC5] DES 2 (in preparation of)

Roy Wilson emperor at slic.com
Fri Jan 2 08:56:13 EST 1998

On Thu, 01 Jan 1998 20:53:12 -0600, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

>Well, it might only do 40 blocks a day (which isn't bad), but if you're gonna
>put the new client on it anyway, why not just run it? Besides, the whole idea
>here is to nickle and dime the thing to death! (That's why I have a machine
>running at 5800 KEYs/sec... or ~2 blocks a day!)

	Curiousity.  If RC5 drops to say 100kk/s, and DES alone
runs 200kk/s, but with both running DES drops to 175kk/s, I'll
see if both will run together.  This is an *old* P/100, I'm used
to it having strange properties<G>.  It might do 1000kk/s with
DES, it might just be something this antique MB is lacking that
the RC5 client really wants that is keeping my keyrate down to
126kk/s.

Roy Wilson <emperor at slic.com>
Lat: 44.850959 Lon: -74.40286 [+/- 6']

To unsubcribe, send 'unsubscribe rc5' to majordomo at llamas.net